I was starting to feel a little left out.
As I have explored the blogosphere, I have learned about some things I didn’t know about before, like memes and tags. Monday, Paige at The Avery Lane Experience honored me with a tag for the following quiz. (I know the heading says this was posted on Monday, but it’s actually Tuesday morning).
1. Explain what ended your last relationship? A cheating boyfriend. But ending that relationship led me to D., and we’ve been together for 15 years!
2. When was the last time you shaved? I thought we got a bye on that after November 1 ! OK, I’ll answer — Saturday.
3. What were you doing this morning at 8 a.m.? Driving Rachel to school.
4.What were you doing 15 minutes ago? Getting my daily dose of reading blogs instead of writing my kids’ column!
5. Are you any good at math? I was in high school, but after helping Rachel with her homework in the new, new math, I am very afraid.
6. Your prom night? Yup. Rachel looks at the photo and laughs at Mommy’s funny hair-do.
7. Do you have any famous ancestors? No, but I am related by marriage to Dan Schorr.
8. Have you had to take a loan out for school? Massive loans. My parents are farmers and had no money for helping out (and, I think, secretly hoped I wouldn’t actually go to college). So loans and working full-time made a four-year undergrad experience an eight-year stint. Then, I bit the bullet and took out big-time loans to pay for law school.
9. Do you know the words to the song on your myspace profile? Don’t have one. I’m still square.
10. Last thing received in the mail? The latest American Girl Doll catalog!
11. How many different beverages have you had today? One — coffee at the local coffee shop (NOT Starbucks!).
12. Do you ever leave messages on people’s answering machine? Yup! That’s what they’re for, right?
13. Who did you lose your CONCERT virginity to? Billy Joel at my small-town college. Just around the time Piano Man was big. I paid a whopping $3!
14. Do you draw your name in the sand when you go to the beach? Yes, alongside Rachel’s.
15. What is out your back door? Tons of leaves and a bristly boot scraper that looks like a porcupine!
16. Any plans for Friday night? YES! I’m flying to Chicago for the weekend for a mom getwaway with my best friend from law school who I haven’t seen for about eight years! (Keeping my fingers crossed for the weather to hold!)
17. Do you like what the ocean does to your hair? NO! Any sort of humidity makes my hair start to resemble Malcolm Gladwell! (No, really, it looks good on you, Malcolm)!
18. Have you ever received one of those big tins of 3 different popcorns? No, but the gift-giving season is coming up.
19. Have you ever been to a planetarium? Yes.
20. Do you re-use towels after you shower? Of course!
21. Some things you are excited about? Finding new ways to tap into what’s left of my creative spirit, making a point to spend more time with women friends, watching Rachel learn to read ‘big girl’ books, making plans for next year’s vacation.
22. What is your favorite flavor of JELLO? Black cherry.
23. Describe your keychain(s)? I only have two keys on it, but several keychains — one is a photo of Rachel from pre-school, one is a photo of Rachel and me at the beach and one is a little, hot pink Eiffel Tower (birthday gift from Rachel).
24. Where do you keep your change? In my wallet.
25. What kind of winter coat do you own? I have a “good” one from the days when I actually worked in an office — a navy blue cashmere-blend, a ski jacket (from when D. was hoping I wuld actually learn to ski), and a long black parka complete with hood with that really nice faux fur trim!
26. What was the weather like on your graduation day? I hadn’t thought about this before, but coincidentally, on all three (high school, college and law school), the weather was warm and sunny. A sign?
27. Do you sleep with the door to your room open or closed? Open. I want to make sure I can hear Rachel and she seems to think she is “safer” if our door is open.
28. Did you read this far? Consider yourself tagged (you know, if you wanna do it)!!